Monday, October 17, 2016

Tionna Brown This I Believe Essay


Cherish the Moment

I believe it is extremely important to cherish the people who are placed in your life as well as the moments you are given with them in life. Every part of life that we experience has a purpose. From every person you encounter, the places you decide to go and the actions you choose to make, each creates a new opportunity to make new memories and unforgettable moments.

Meeting new people has to be one of my most favorable aspects of life. Something as simple as a two-second glance with just the right amount of eye contact could place a person in your life forever. I can honestly say I could not imagine how functioning on a daily basis would be without most of the people in my life now. By having the consistent outpouring of love, care and support from many members of my family and friends, I feel as though there isn’t anything that I can’t accomplish. Building strong relationships with people that are made of trust and loyalty ensures me that with the right people by my side, anything is possible. Every day I feel extremely grateful knowing that I have several people in my life that have genuine love for me and are always interested in the things that are best for me and my goals.

Maintaining positive relationships with positive people in your life is what matters the most to me. When someone is a part of your life and they have no concern or interest in the things that are best for you or them, it creates an opportunity for negativity. I feel that the people I surround myself with should always encourage me to make the best decisions for myself. They should motivate me to be the best person I can be and to always consider the good in all situations. Being an optimistic selfless person, I make it a priority to show the people I care about how important their success in life is to me. By showing a genuine interest and being supportive to someone else, the same support from other would be easily reciprocated.

As a child, I was always told by my mother “you are the company you keep.” Having a novice mind, back then I was unable to understand the role this statement would later play in my life. When you’re a child, you have very little concerns in the world. Your friends that you meet up to play with at the local park are your only concern. Friends were the easiest thing to come by and having so many people to laugh and play with made life worth it. As you get older and develop your sense of self, there are more things to consider when crafting your social life. This statement most importantly has had a significant impact on my personal life. I make an extreme effort to never surround myself with people that are doing wrong. Of course, it is safe to say that nobody is perfect, and we all live to make mistakes. However, the people you surround yourself by should have the same type of positive mindset as you. My friends and I share the same enthusiasm to accomplish our current goal. We are all working hard towards receive our bachelor’s degrees and are eager to help each other in any way that we can to achieve this goal. You are only as strong as the people you have to support you. I plan to treasure all of the people who support me and continue to work hard in order to make everyone proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment