Wednesday, October 5, 2016


Jeremiah Gamble

ENG 200 Sections 2&5

Credo Assignment Free Write           

                                                Core Values that determine motivating factors

            Telling people that you believe in something means that it is something you truly speak within your heart. What a man believes in tells a lot about him and the life he lives, his past present and future. For the most, part men and women have maybe two or three core values that they believe in, also known as creeds. A creed is defined to be “a set of beliefs or aims that guide someone's actions” closely worked with the religion of Christianity.  Three creeds I live by are very simple in my mind that creates success. These are: Always keep it real and be honest, be true to yourself, and never give up on something your passionate about.

            The first creed I believe in is to “Always keep it real and be honest” too many people go through the world just rambling around simply because they don’t keep it real and are not honest with yourself.  Living a lie will only have you going to sleep with questions of who they are and what they want to do. Personally knowing my strengths and weaknesses helps me to be honest. When I know I am weak at something I won’t try and think I am a know it all, I will be honest, acknowledge it and start to work harder to become better. Being honest is freedom. We are mentally free before we are physically free with you.

            The second creed I believe in is, “Be true to you”. This is an extension of the first creed which was being honest. If you don’t master this creed within then all of the others are irrelevant.  The main purpose of these core values is to become the best version of you. Life can twist you around yet, when you are true to yourself that you can fully find inner peace and be comfortable in your own skin and not want to fit in.   Your love for yourself and dedication to be happy and succeed in what you love is the only thing that matters.

            The third and last creed I believe in as one of my core values is, “Never give up on something you are passionate about it.” If you are passionate about something you will do anything and everything to be successful in your craft. Once you find passion, it is your natural God given right to follow it. Life knocks you down so quickly however, if you refuse to lose and focus on being great in your passion and winning than nothing can stop you. The coward thing to do would be to find passion and let life push you down and you never get back up. Unfortunate things happen to everyone, but the ones that succeed in this world are the people who have an average skill but phenomenal will.

            The first two creeds build the foundation for the third creed to flourish. Being honest and being you lead to finding passion. With the third creed being passiononate and to not quit it ties it all. What a man believes in tells a lot about him and the life he lives, his past present or future.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree that being honest with yourself is key. Its crucial because if you don't, you'll never recognize your deficiencies and know what to work on and strive towards a better you.

    ReplyDelete